Thursday, September 6, 2007

the commoner

(This blog was written a year back, when i was just another fresher... couldn't resist uploading it though. I view things very differently now)

It’s been a long journey.

I was once the best. Just like everyone else here. One of the elite. One of the few selected into the IIMs. Just like everyone else here. But in these 2 years here, I shall be a commoner. It’s the price I have to pay for the acclaim to come. 2 years spent being just like everyone else.

Maybe one day I’ll be the best again. An IIM alumnus. A manager (?) from one of the most premier institutes in the country. A young man with the hopes of the country on his shoulders. Just like everyone else here.

Maybe one day I’m going to wake up and discover that my glory days are over. That these days in college were the finest and most happiest days of my life. That I would have then turned into either an ‘executive’ or ‘manager’, just one more nondescript guy who goes to work at 9 in the morning and comes back late for dinner. Maybe these are supposed to be my last few years of glory. Maybe I’m supposed to value them more with each passing day. Before I become a commoner. Just like everyone else here.

Maybe.

Maybe not.


1 comment:

Arjuna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.